Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Start of a New Cycling Season

Well this is the year I plan to get back on the bike and do more than just ride to the coffee shop. Last summer I started riding again but nothing really serious. Trying to get my legs back....Trying to develop a group of friends that I can count on to ride. As a teenager growing up in San Diego I used to ride up the coast and even did a weekend trip to LA and back. I remember actually riding to the LA Olympics to see the Road Race. What a rush, being with 300,000 people lining the road corse (it was free) to see American Alexi Grewal beat out Canadas Steve Bauer. I do remember partying with some French folks. After that expericence I got so into cycling but at that time there wasn't any formal rides or clubs so it was mostly a lonley sport in those days....remember this was pre Lance.

I did enter a few events South of the border...It seems that there wasn't any rides in southern California. I went on a couple of Rosarito to Ensenada and I also went on a Tecate to Ensenada ride which I believe has since been cancelled. I also remember going on a couple of rides on the outskirts of Tijuana one up to Rodriquez resevior above the city.

No comments: