Wednesday, February 09, 2005

More Book Inspired Motivation

Another book I found motivating this time of year is (hear me out now) Chris Carmichael's book 'The Ultimate Ride'. It is basically both a training guidebook and a platform to promote his Carmichael Training System program and DVD's/Tapes, along with his Power Bar tie in.

I did find the book useful however. It bascically follows a lot of the program that Edmund Burke covered in his books. It help me better utilize a Heart Rate Monitor, help to regulate energy output along with caloric input. It sounds stupid but just his lecture on rest is something that is overlooked but I found very helpful nonetheless.

The emphasis on carbohydrate and protein is also discussed along with when you should increase amounts of each. In the book he also talks about setting short term and long term goals as well as visionary type goals. It has forced me to be more deatailed in my training and record each training session. We will see how it goes.

No comments: