Monday, October 24, 2005

Fall - A time for transition

Well it has definitely cooled down here in the San Francisco Bay area. I have even caught a cold I am doing some very modest mileage. The bike is in good shape so any ride is a happy ride.

Given this I am thinking of transitioning this winter to more skiing than cycling. I intend to get my Volkls out of the closet to do some Alpine skiing this year, at Kirkwood, Alpine Meadows, and Bear Valley. Since I plan to do the Echo Summit to Kirkwood Race and Tour again this year and I hope to do the Great Race which leaves from North Lake Tahoe to Truckee. I think I would like to do some other races. Now believe me what I call a race is just showing up and trying. In fact I am planning to hook up with Team in Training's Nordic Program. It involves a lot of weekend training sessions in Bear Valley and Royal Gorge followed up by the Tour of Anchorage Race which winds around the outskirts of the city.

This would be a great opportunity to try something different so I don’t burn out on cycling while keeping in shape for the winter.

No comments: